SCTPO Status of Events: Response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and under guidance from the CDC, the Space Coast TPO is taking the necessary precautions to postpone or reschedule Spring events. As always, the safety and well-being of our staff, stakeholders, and public citizens is one of our top priorities.
Space Coast TPO employees are currently working remotely and our office remains closed for the time being, but you can continue to reach our staff via email and can call the main office number at 321-690-6890.
Below is a list of scheduled events and their current status. Stay tuned for updates!
- April 9: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar #1 – SJR2C Loop Alliance, FDOT, and County Updates
- April 13: Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board Meeting (CANCELED)
- April 16: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar#2 – Thank You for Applying: Strategies and Tools to Secure Trail Funding
- April 23: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar#3 – Think Regionally, Plan Locally: Managing Trails & Partnerships
- April 24: SCTPO Board Retreat (RESCHEDULED: August 19, 2020)
- April 30: MPOAC Institute (CANCELED)
- April 30: Community Bicycle/Pedestrian Safety Education Training (POSTPONED)
- April 30: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar #4 – Key Note: Dan Burden, Blue Zones
- May 5: Vision Zero Workshop #3 (POSTPONED, New Date TBA)
- May 7: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar #5 – Outward Bound:Health Benefits of Recreational Trails
- May 8: TAC/CAC Meeting (GoToMeeting)
- May 14: SCTPO Governing Board Meeting (GoToMeeting)
- May 15: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar #6 – Fun with Flora and Fauna: Strategies to Promote Ecotourism on the Loop; Promoting Local Flavor
- May 21: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar #7 – Social Savvy: Successes & Pitfalls of Social Media Campaigns
- May 28: St Johns River to Sea Summit: Webinar #8 – Trail Town Spotlight
Public Outreach Events
SCTPO staff will not be scheduling any public involvement or outreach activities during the eight-week period of time from March 16, 2020, through mid-May 2020. We encourage you to reach out to our office staff if you have any questions by calling 321-690-6890 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As with any infectious disease, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Florida Department of Health (DOH) encourage:
- Avoid contact with people that are sick.
- Wash hands frequently and avoid touching your face.
- If hand washing is unavailable, hand sanitizer (60% alcohol) is recommended.
- If someone feels symptomatic, they are strongly encouraged to self-quarantine to minimize further exposure to others.
- General Prevention Flyer
- Protect Yourself in Gatherings & Crowds Flyer
- Protection, Planning & Care for Older Adults Flyer
- World Health Organization Coronavirus website
- Center for Disease Control (COVID-19) Website
- CDC Preparing Communities
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 website
- Florida Department of Health also has a call center (available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) and email:
- 1 (866) 779-6121