Contact: Georganna Gillette
Complete Streets Improvements include landscaping and sharrows, which are marked lanes shared by cars and bicyclists. Florida Avenue now has an improved pedestrian experience, better traffic flow, and greater access for all users. The Florida Avenue project aligns with the City of Cocoa’s vision for Historic Cocoa Village and the Cocoa Waterfront, which includes planning principles such as:
- Connect the river to the city
- Enhance and connect open space
- Livable approach to streets and traffic
- Expand Main Street district-wide
- Enhance the Village Arts image
- Enhance the sub-districts
Construction began in FY 2016 from Rosa Jones Boulevard to SR 520 (King Street) and was completed in June 2017.
- Florida Avenue Complete Streets Feasibility Study (25 MB)
- Florida Avenue Feasibility Study Powerpoint (23 MB)
Florida Ave. video showcasing Complete Streets improvements and economic impact.