Contact: Kim Smith
Bike/Ped Education is now on Twitter! Follow us @WalkBikeBrevard
The SCTPO is committed to bicycle and pedestrian education. The primary goal of these programs is to improve safety and reduce transportation-related injuries and deaths by educating bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists on state traffic laws and the safe use of transportation infrastructure.
Education programs offered by the SCTPO include:
- Bicycle Rodeos
- Safety Fairs and Exhibits
- Bicycle helmet program in partnership with the Florida Pedestrian and Bicycling Safety Resource Center
- Elementary School Programs
- Safe Routes to School Program
- National Walk to School Day – held the first Wednesday of October
- National Bike to School Day – held the first Wednesday of May
- Feet not Fuel website
- Walking School Bus Program
To schedule a bicycle and pedestrian education program, please complete a Community Outreach and Information Request.