Contact: SCTPO Staff
Transportation Planning Organizations (TPOs) were created by Federal law to review and administer all policies and procedures applicable for state and federal transportation funding.
The Space Coast Transportation Planning Organization (SCTPO) provides transportation planning services for the Palm Bay-Melbourne and Titusville urbanized areas, as designated by the U.S. Census Bureau. The SCTPO coordinates transportation plans for the area’s local jurisdictions and transportation authorities including:
- One county: Brevard County Board of County Commissioners
- Brevard County Demographic Profile
- Sixteen cities and towns Cape Canaveral, Cocoa, Cocoa Beach, Grant-Valkaria, Indialantic, Indian Harbour Beach, Malabar, Melbourne, Melbourne Beach, Melbourne Village, Palm Bay, Palm Shores, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, Titusville, and West Melbourne
- Two airports: Melbourne International and Titusville-Cocoa (TICO)
- One seaport: Port Canaveral
- One spaceport: Cape Canaveral Spaceport (Kennedy Space Center and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station)
Policies & Positions Documents
Below are links to the most recent adopted Policies and Positions of the Space Coast TPO. Policies document includes Board and Committee Operations, Budget & Finance, Personnel, Title VI, Transportation Disadvantaged Local Coordinating Board and other general policies for operations of the TPO.
SCTPO Policies and Procedures – (updated 02/11/21) (Provides for the operations of the Governing Board, Committee’s and Staff)