Study Purpose: The Wickham Road Operational Analysis will address the observed congestion and safety issues while also incorporating multi-modal solutions to facilitate pedestrian/bicycle/transit movement along the corridor.
Study Limits: Eau Gallie Boulevard to Lake Washington, Melbourne
TPO Project Manager: Laura Carter: 321-690-6890;
Consultant Project Manager: Travis Hills, PE, Kittelson & Associates, Inc.: 407-540-0555;
Public Meeting – October 25, 2017
Board Options – Presented at October 25th Public Meeting
Public Open House Meeting – May 9, 2017
Wickham Road Existing Conditions Public Meeting Summary – July 3, 2017
Schedule: Project Schedule
- Work Order Scope of Services approved by Space Coast TPO Board on December 8, 2016.
- Notice to Proceed issued to Kittelson & Associates on January 3, 2017.
- Project is being supported by a Project Advisory Team (PAT). Members of the Project Advisory Team represent local agencies along the corridor, such as Brevard County, the City of Melbourne, Sabal Elementary School, and local law enforcement. The PAT is engaged in the review of products and at key decision points during the operational analysis process.
- The first public meeting was held on Tuesday, May 9th. Existing conditions were presented and feedback was requested from the public on their specific issues and concerns. A second public meeting was held on Wednesday, October 25th. Various intersection improvement options were presented along with four different types of typical roadway configurations. All included addressing sidewalk, bicycles and transit needs. the public was asked to provide feedback on which alternatives they would like to see implemented.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to TPO Board anticipated to occur at TPO December 2017 regular board meeting.
Wickham Road Operational Analysis Scope of Services – Approved by TPO Board December 8, 2016
Project Advisory Team Kick-off Meeting – February 6, 2017
(Agenda; Meeting Summary Notes; Sign-In Sheet; Presentation Slides; Schedule; Logos)
Project Advisory Team Existing Conditions Meeting – April 26, 2017
(Agenda; Meeting Summary Notes; Sign-In Sheet)
Wickham Road Existing Conditions Final Report – July 3, 2017
Wickham Road Existing Conditions Final Report Appendix – July 3, 2017
Project Advisory Team Future Alternatives Review Meeting – August 18, 2017
(Agenda; Meeting Summary Notes)
Project Advisory Team Updated Future Alternatives Review Meeting – October 5, 2017
(Meeting Summary Notes)