Contact: Georganna Gillette
Every spring, the SCTPO requests project ideas from municipalities, the County and transportation providers. Only projects seeking State and Federal funding are prioritized. Local projects are the responsibility of the governing body where the project is located.
For Immediate Attention…Annual Call for Project Now Open for 2017
Open Period: January 30, 2017 to March 31, 2017
2017 Work Program Schedule
FDOT Project Information Application (MS Word Document)
Transportation Alternatives Project Application
Materials from Last Year
The SCTPO has seven categories of Priority Projects:
- Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) Roadway Projects
- Other SIS Modes to include Aviation, Rail, Seaports and Spaceport
- Regionally Significant Non-SIS Roadway Projects (Capacity/Widening)
- Non-Capacity/Other Arterials: County-wide Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) and Intersection Improvements
- Complete Streets Program
- Corridor Planning Studies
- Transportation Alternative (TA) Program: On-Street Bicycle Lanes, Sidewalks, Regional Trails, School Safety
Potential projects are reviewed by the SCTPO’s Transportation Growth Management Subcommittee, Technical and Citizen’s Advisory Committees, Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Trails Advisory Committee, and citizens. A draft list is submitted to the TPO Board for consideration. Once adopted, the list is forwarded to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for funding consideration.
Typical projects take ten or more years to complete. Construction begins only after thorough review of environmental impacts and alternatives.