Contact: Georganna Gillette
NEW! The Space Coast Transportation Planning Organization (SCTPO) is now accepting transportation project funding applications for the 2018 Priority Project Process.
The SCTPO has seven categories of Priority Projects:
- Strategic Intermodal System (SIS) Roadway Projects
- Other SIS Modes to include Aviation, Rail, Seaports and Spaceport
- Regionally Significant Non-SIS Roadway Projects (Capacity/Widening)
- Non-Capacity/Other Arterials: County-wide Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) and Intersection Improvements
- Complete Streets Program
- Corridor Planning Studies
- Transportation Alternative (TA) Program: On-Street Bicycle Lanes, Sidewalks, Regional Trails, School Safety
Apply today: FDOT Project Application (Due by – 5/4/18)
Potential projects are reviewed by the SCTPO’s Transportation Growth Management Subcommittee, Technical and Citizen’s Advisory Committees, Bicycle, Pedestrian, and Trails Advisory Committee, and citizens. A draft list is submitted to the TPO Board for consideration. Once adopted, the list is forwarded to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) for funding consideration.
Typical projects take ten or more years to complete. Construction begins only after thorough review of environmental impacts and alternatives.