Contact: Georganna Gillette
Complete Streets are designed and operated to enable safe access for all users. Pedestrians, bicyclists, motorists, and transit riders of all ages and abilities must be able to safely move along and across a complete street. The SCTPO has been actively supporting Complete Streets in Brevard County since 2010.
Complete Street Resources – Local Resolutions, Presentations, and More!
The SCTPO’s Complete Streets Evaluation Methodology (26 MB pdf) uses a three step process:
- Identify potential corridors to apply “Complete Streets” concept
- Conduct a Feasibility Analysis for identified projects
- Recommend projects for funding based on the Feasibility Analysis
Current Complete Streets projects are:
- Hopkins Avenue, Titusville
- N. Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral
- Peachtree Street, Cocoa
- Florida Avenue, Cocoa
- Minutemen Causeway, Cocoa Beach
- Hickory Street, Melbourne
- Front Street, Melbourne
- Pineapple Street, Melbourne