TPO Project Manager: Laura Carter: 321-690-6890;
Consultant Project Manager: Travis Hills, PE, Kittelson & Associates, Inc.:
407-540-0555; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Study Limits: Wickham Road to Stewart Avenue, Melbourne
Study Purpose: The Aurora Road Corridor Study will explore options to improve pedestrian and bicycle facilities as well as to address safety issues, traffic operations, and transit movements along the corridor.
Schedule: Project Schedule
- Work Order Scope of Services approved by Space Coast TPO Board on December 8, 2016.
- Notice to Proceed issued to Kittelson & Associates on January 3, 2017.
- Project will be supported by a Project Advisory Team (PAT). Members of the Project Advisory Team represent local agencies along the corridor, such as Brevard County, the City of Melbourne, members from schools located near the study corridor, and local law enforcement. The PAT will be engaged in the review of products and at key decision points during the operational analysis process and development of alternatives.
- There will be three public meetings held: Kick-off following the existing conditions assessment; Alternative concepts review; and Preferred Alternative. As public meeting dates, time and locations are determined they will be posted.
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to TPO Board anticipated to occur at TPO April 2018 regular board meeting.
Aurora Road Corridor Study Scope of Services – Approved by TPO Board December 8, 2016
Project Advisory Team Kick-off Meeting – February 6, 2017
(Agenda; Meeting Summary Notes; Sign-In Sheet; Presentation Slides; Schedule; Logos)